Forest Management: Forest Roads & Engineering
Scottish Woodlands can help with the planning, construction and specification of new forest and estate roads, bridge building and even the creation of new piers for timber extraction. We will help to keep you on the right side of the law, ensure that the relevant approvals are in place, and that the work is carried out safely.
Planning and approval
Before starting on a forest road construction project, it is necessary to ensure that the appropriate approvals and safeguards are in place and that sufficient thought has gone into the planning process. Scottish Woodlands can, using our knowledge and expertise provide a complete service, acting as Project Managers from start to finish.
- Planning Permission for public road accesses
- Water Framework Directive Controlled Activities Regulations (CAR) Licences
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations compliance
- Design and layout of forest roads to optimise timber harvesting
- Grant applications such as STTS, SRDP
- Any other regulatory approvals.
Construction and Maintenance
Scottish Woodlands will arrange a competitively priced contract to carry out the construction and maintenance of forest and estate roads, tracks and footpaths.
- Constructions of new forest roads
- Maintenance and repair of existing forest and estate roads
- ATV and stalking tracks
- Cattle grids
- Bridges and culverts
For further information please contact your local forest manager.